Monday, August 19, 2013

STRENGTH THROUGH HUMBLENESS


STRENGTH IN HUMBLENESS
Monday, August 19, 2013

Matthew [MKJV] 11:28-30 [Jesus said]Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.
John [MKJV] 5:30 [Jesus explained] I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.

  There are those that say we cannot know God. Oddly, some professing Christians say this.

  A major reason God gave us His Word is so we can know Him. Though early on His “I AM THAT I AM” (Ex.3:14) as Eternal Supreme Sovereign was what the pharaoh of magnificent powerful Egypt needed to hear. As God through the centuries unfolded His Book His followers read and learned far more of Him then pharaoh. (This includes law-man Moses, Jehovah’s chosen representative that dealt with pharaoh. Heb.11:39)

  Early in God’s Book we see exactly what He thinks of pride and that it is not just unacceptable to Him, but to live in self-pride we suffer His resistance.

  This fact about God is plainly explained and illustrated through historical accounts recorded in His Book. Let there be no confusion on the matter. God opposes the proud, but gives grace with strength to the humble. (Pr.3:34; Jam.4:6; 1Pet.5:5-6)

  Jesus, God Incarnate (Jn.1:1, 14), Himself exemplified humbleness and thereby strength. He wore His yoke in humbleness. The privilege of wearing His yoke requires humbleness! (Mt.7:21; 12:50; 11:28-30; Lk.11:2; 22:42)

  The example and philosophy of the “prince of this world” (Eph.2:2) is contrarian; centered in pride. Lucifer and many others fell from heaven because of pride. (Isa.14:12) Many people, including some professing Christians, will never enter heaven because of pride in self. (Mt.7:21; Lk.18:17)

  Pride blinds our eyes to God’s will. Pride in the importance of our agenda keeps us from studying God’s Book. Pride is contrary to humbleness. The cost of pride is not just living in opposition to God’s will. It involves His opposing us. O’ readers, now this we know . . . and how now shall we live?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment