Monday, April 7, 2014

TRUSTING YOU


TRUSTING YOU
Monday, April 07, 2014

2Timothy2:2 KJV [The Apostle Paul exhorted] … the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. [GW: You've heard my message, and it's been confirmed by many witnesses. Entrust this message to faithful individuals who will be competent to teach others.]

  Dear fellows in Christ, redeemed by His successful works we are to teach one another.
  This I endeavor to do, it being an underlying motive every day of my life, morning DTs being the most obvious effort to obey the Word.  To serve as teacher I must see myself through and by the Word living (Jesus) and written (Bible). If not taken, envisioned and personalized responsibly, I fail at the present essential enterprise that Solomon discovered after much study. (Eccl.12:13-14)
  It was over 4 decades ago while attending Maryland Bible Institute that a teacher exhorted us to entrust others to teach yet others the applicable truth of God’s Word.
  I trust you. You have often heard the Truth. You have come under Truth’s conviction, experienced the refining, and learned thereby and therein; you have personality with language to communicate in manner that others, this man included, do not, cannot. (I sorely miss Darlene’s effective commentary!)
  I entrust you with opportunity to teach hundreds of readers via DT FORUM, and by my posting your comments on Overcomers In Christ linked blog and Facebook.
  To facilitate, at times I am deliberately provocative with hope you will respond in fulfilling 2Timothy 2:2. Last week was just such an occasion. On Tuesday (STUDY DUTY) I weighted you with 30+ pages of study on a single topic, doing so to show you what an overwhelming chore studying the Word may be. The next day (APPROVED?) I revealed my purpose, posing questions for your consideration and hoped for response to teach others.
  This morning I repeat the offer to teach one another: 2Timothy 2:15, soon after 2Timothy 2:2, when personalized, encourages us to study enough of God’s Word so as to not be ashamed but approved before God. “But do we need to know everything in order to have our Lord’s approval? And exactly what (How much?) qualifies us as approved? (Please answer the 2 questions so we can again learn from one another. I’ll publish your responses next Wednesday, April 9, 2014.)”
  I close this morning’s thoughts with another exhortation from Paul: “Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender feelings of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long-suffering, forbearing one another and forgiving yourselves, if anyone has a complaint against any. As Christ forgave you, so also you do. And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you also are called in one body, and be thankful. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And everything, whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.” (Underlining mine. MKJV Col.3:12-17)  EBB4

PS. So far only one DT participant has taken advantage of this opportunity to pass their learning on to me and our large fellowship in Christ.

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment