Thursday, July 17, 2014

DISCIPLESHIP JOURNEY: FAREWELL WEINERMOBILE


DISCIPLESHIP JOURNEY: FAREWELL WEINERMOBILE

Thursday, July 17, 2014

 

 

 

Proverbs [GW] 3:1-8 My son, do not forget my teachings, and keep my commands in mind, 2 because they will bring you long life, good years, and peace. 3 Do not let mercy and truth leave you. Fasten them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart. 4 Then you will find favor and much success in the sight of God and humanity. 5 Trust the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths smooth. 7 Do not consider yourself wise. Fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. 8 Then your body will be healed, and your bones will have nourishment.

 

  The mustard stains on the pavement are fading, as is the memory of sadly but firmly waving farewell to weinermobile.

  Anyone that knows my appetite knows that I prefer sausages over steak, cheeseburgers, and other meats. When family graciously provided for my retirement party 7 different kinds of sausages were on the menu.

  Considering stewardship, current events, though not altering taste, do require ongoing lifestyle changes.

  Thursday morning, July 10, I awoke later than usual, 7am. Feeling cheery and bright as usual I arose and as is my custom looked out the window. Without warning I blacked out. Don’t know how long it lasted but I came to overcome with wretched waves of nausea and was physically unable to reach my cellphone in head of bed. Daughter Heather found me prone when she arrived at 8am to drop off Michael for the day.

  I’m to wear heart monitor for another 10 days, but MRA and other tests settle that I had a stroke. My fine doctor and splendid RN tell me will take 10-12 weeks, maybe 6 months, or even a year to recover completely.

  The first item on the list, “Stop smoking.” was easy to check off. The other items require more attentiveness to discipline.

  Serving the Kings of Kings necessitates waving farewell to favorites from time to time. It is however made much easier as we consider His example and the Word’s wisdom . . . and accept loving guidance and support from family and friends.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment