Wednesday, July 30, 2014

ME, YOU, AND PHILIPPIANS TOO


ME, YOU, AND PHILIPPIANS TOO

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

 

Philippians 2:-3 [Paul wrote] Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. . . . [having earlier encouraged Thessalonican believers] 1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves. (1Thes.5:8-13)

 

  Normally I do my best to provide proper exegesis (explanation or interpretation of texts, especially Biblical writings) and therein application. I’m not a fan of great preaching, lectures, books, essays involving poor exegesis. Having stated this, I now deviate.

  There at times when I note that if Scripture works in primary application within the Body of Christ (1Cor.12:27), it also works in other areas. For instance stewardship: If I manage property and time as He directs, it not only pleases Him, I and others benefit financially and largely in portion of communal peace. When I esteemed/esteem the wisdom, opinions, experience of others they realize respect, and I gain in sorting direction and application, and we all gain in synergy of body, soul, and spirit.

  A recent personal instance for the record is no driving for 6 months and then only if no further strokes or symptoms (dizziness, nausea, balance, et al) and that I should now wear alarm jewelry. Compliance makes me far more a dependent than I ever included in my life plan. And it requires much more organization on my part and THE TEAM.

  I said “deviate”, but on second thought isn’t the Biblical principle of humbling oneself and esteeming others above self applicable in all areas of life? Seems I remember Grandmother McGee repeatedly telling me something about God resisting those that refuse to respect.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment