Monday, July 7, 2014

SPIRITUAL MATURATION


SPIRITUAL MATURATION

Monday, July 07, 2014

 

Psalm 103:1, 2, 21-22 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. … Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: … Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

1Corinthians 3:1-3 And I [Apostle Paul], brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

 

  Yesterday I shared what I recently learned about a literary structure that Jews used in the Old Testament, and shared 2 examples presented in Answers In Genesis magazine.

  Interesting education, but will knowing about and seeing chiasms in God’s Word make me a more spiritual person maturing and thereby blessing God?

  It depends on my attitude.

  If I consider education and knowledge gained being about me, a silly sense of superiority, then I’m merely learning without coming to and accepting wisdom . . . the answer is a definite no! (2Tim.3:7)

  If education, knowledge with improved insight resulting in my ceding to healthy application that blesses the Lord . . . the answer is a definitive yes. (Gal.5:16-26)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment