Wednesday, August 13, 2014

VIEWING ROBIN WILLIAMS


VIEWING ROBIN WILLIAMS

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

 

John [MKJV] 1:1-4; 3:3  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. . . . [And the Word explained] Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

 

  As with many others, Robin Williams brought enjoyment and stimulation to my heart and mind as I viewed him on TV, cinema, and video. A very funny and serious-thought provoking guy obviously very much valued by society.

  But is the church to value him anymore than non-famous male or female that suffers life in kind? Isn’t our vision is to be according to Word-view, not grief according to our-centered sense of loss?

  The Word is nondiscriminatory. Jesus sacrificed Himself for all people, effectually facilitating and granting equal opportunity for deliverance. God desires no one to perish whether valued more or less by society. The inglorious cocaine addict suffering depression ending in death is of as great value to the King of Kings as those we applaud and pay richly for entertaining us.

 

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;

Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.

Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,

Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

 

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;

I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;

Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;

Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

 

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;

Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;

Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:

Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

 

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,

Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:

Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,

High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

 

High King of Heaven, my victory won,

May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!

Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,

Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

[Old Irish attributed to Dallan Forgaill, versed in English by Mary E. Byrne in 1912}

 

  How God’s family views all beings is critical sight reflecting in how much light we stand.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment