Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WORRY BY CHOICE


WORRY BY CHOICE

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

 

2Corinthians [MKJV] 10:1-5  And I myself, Paul, beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ; I, who indeed to look upon am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. But I ask, not being present, that I may be bold with the confidence which I think to be daring against some, who thought of us as walking according to flesh. For though walking about in flesh, we do not war according to flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;

1Peter [GW] 5:5c-8  … God opposes the arrogant but favors the humble. Be humbled by God's power so that when the right time comes he will honor you. Turn all your anxiety over to God because he cares for you. Keep your mind clear, and be alert. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour.

Philippians [MKJV] 4:6-9 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things. Do those things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me. And the God of peace shall be with you.

 

“Worry is taking more responsibility than God ever intended us to.” Ann Bullock

 

  Worry and its companion stress are a matter of our choosing. It is distracting troupe that when joined adversely affects fellowship with God and man. Worry is self-reckoning that exalts self against the knowledge of God’s provision and leaves one vulnerable to an even worse event.

  Saying the above with applicable Word in response to a person that asked how to handle their anxieties provided them with no relief.

  Why?

  “It is not my choice to worry. My stress is their fault. And your solution is silly.”

  Please don’t read me as cavalier, for I am not, but they have chosen . . . and I, for One, am not going to worry about it.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment