Sunday, November 9, 2014

A CONSUMMATE READER?


A CONSUMMATE READER?

Sunday, November 09, 2014

 

Dear all,

  I like to read and do so a lot.

  14 magazines that I subscribe to, others passed on to me, and occasional doctor’s waiting room provisions.

  I read essays and sermons by writers living and dead.

  My home is filled with shelves, tubs, and piles of books, including most of the output of Michener, Follett, Griffin and a number of other authors. I have several clothes closets full of fiction by Christian authors.

  Then there are all those biographies, autobiographies, heritage, history, theology, English grammar and writing all within present morning sight.

  In my shop is a cabinet loaded with how-to books and manuals.

  At any given time, including now, there are magazines and books in process of being read lying on tables, bedstead, floor etc.

  My children claim they’ve caught me reading soup can labels when nothing else is at hand.

  I want to read the Bible, God’s Word, more.

  Any ideas on how I can do so?

Sincerely,

A fellow traveler  

No comments:

Post a Comment