Monday, November 17, 2014

ADVISORY BOARD IS SOLID PLANKING


ADVISORY BOARD IS SOLID PLANKING

Monday, November 17, 2014

 

Proverbs [MKJV] 11:14; 15:2 Where there is no wisdom, the people fall; but in the multitude of wise men [and women, and children] there is safety. … The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, but the mouth of fools pours out foolishness.

 

  I have an advisory board, always have; parents, grandparents, uncles & aunts, teachers, neighbors, friends, etc. Problem was, before redemption I too often resented their unsolicited advice, much preferring to do life my way. This changed drastically after I met and trusted the Lord Jesus Christ; the Word; the Way. (Jn.1:1; 14:6)  As maturity progressed I increasingly relied on wise counsel. As I increasingly relied on wise counsel I matured. And so forth …

  Wisdom is fully available to one and all, a matter of personal choice. God does not withhold wisdom from us: “If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do, you should ask God, and he will give it to you. God is generous to everyone and doesn't find fault with them.” (GW James 1:5) Neither do godly people withhold wisdom.

  After the study of God’s Word for wisdom, dear succinct Ann was next on my resource roster with her insightful knowledge and application of Scripture.

  After reading Jack Hyles’ BLUE DENIM AND LACE (chapter 44, The Christian’s Cabinet) over 40 years ago I realized I should at least in mind list board members. Most don’t know or think of themselves as board members, but they are.

  The board includes family members, friends, young (One now 6 years old.), midlifers, and 2 with 90+ years of experience, male, female, all with very diverse backgrounds and positions. The major common denominator is each person is wise and continuing maturation in the ways of the Lord.

  At times I quiz select members, other times the entire board.

  If you’ve not already done so, trust the All-wise One, and recruit a Biblically-wise advisory board.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment