Sunday, December 14, 2014

CHRISTMAS COOKIES VERSUS THE BREAD OF LIFE

CHRISTMAS COOKIES VERSUS THE BREAD OF LIFE
Sunday, December 14, 2014

John 6:35-40  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

  There I was watching a program on making Christmas cookies, my mouth watering at the thought of tasting those luscious treats, when I began to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas.
  In the hustle and bustle of shopping, baking, giving, receiving and complaining, we forget the reason why this holiday exists. We advise children to behave themselves or Santa Claus won’t bring them presents, yet we fail to tell them about the one Person who can save them from their sins.
  That Person is Jesus Christ, the Bread of Life. He is the reason why we celebrate Christmas. He came into the world as a helpless infant to identify with man’s vulnerabilities and yet lived a sinless life. (Heb.4:12-16) He did this so He could die on the cross for us, offering our hungry hearts redemption, reconciliation with His Father with the gift of eternal life.
  As we feast on good foods this Christmas, let us remember to thank Jesus for His sacrifice and wish Him a Happy Birthday!
  Heavenly Father, we thank You for allowing Your Son to come into this world to show us the way to way back to You. Enable us to remember His sacrifice and love during the Christmas season.
In Jesus, Name, we pray, Amen.  Missy Harmon (12/23/2008)


No comments:

Post a Comment