Sunday, May 10, 2015

GARAGE SAILING

GARAGE SAILING
Sunday, May 10, 2015

  I’m an introvert proven by every personality test I've taken. But I do love people.
  Yesterday I agreeably was 8+ hours navigator . . . with only stopping for lunch at Jimmy John’s . . . for middle daughter and only granddaughter. Granddaughter pregnant with first child, Daughter's first grandchild, my third greatgrandchild.
  The secondary order of the day was shopping for baby clothes, toys, and other paraphernalia. This was accomplished with great gusto and wonderful savings.
  First stop was highly organized wall to wall used children’s stuff at Bethany Church Fieldhouse in Elkhorn. We were delighted that their clock had run to half price. After nearly 2 hours there it was sandwich & vinegar chips time.
  Then we docked at a parking lot filled with a sea of tailgate vendors eagerly reducing prices as it was their time to pack out. I found a pair of little guy like-new cami Oshkosh bib overalls.
  Next we cruised organized neighborhood wide garage sale’rs. They too were in reduction time zone. The little man will be wearing 25 cents per wardrobe of cool clothes!
  Following the His first order for every tide I enjoyed “Go ye” conversations with various ages, men, women, children, combat veterans from various wars, “out of work, job hunting”, “divorced, miss being married”, “you #&*^+!”, “selling out and moving to Sun City Arizona”, “Bless you too”, “I’m 7 years old!”, “I miss _______”, “See my puppy”, and many more 5 to 30 minute dockings.
  Finally, after dropping off the women, back to the quiet of the old sailor’s home.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment