Thursday, May 14, 2015

JOURNEYING TO FOUR THIRTEEN

JOURNEYING TO FOUR THIRTEEN
Thursday, May 14, 2015

1Corinthians [ESV] 13:11-13 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love [KJV “charity”].
Philippians [NLT] 4:11b-13 … I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how
        to live        on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation,    
        whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through  
        Christ, who gives me strength. [I again encourage reading all referenced Scripture in context in a  
        translation/version of your choice.]

  For some, stating 4:13 may be a decisive point of embarkation (getting on board) by claiming that which is alone possible through reliance on Christ. For Paul this was not the case. He is making a definite conclusive statement of ultimate arrival as he nears the end of his journey among men.
  4:13 can be arrived at only by those mature in charity, no longer thinking or acting in childish ways. (1Cor.13:1-13)
  Non-compliance due to uncharitable attitude, being anchored in past history with regrets, guilt, and/or the opposing onus of personal glory, identifying self with position and/or paraphernalia; baggage with contrary lifestyle smothering God’s Holy Spirit within . . . does not allow for standing on Pauline 4:13 platform.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment