Friday, May 22, 2015

WHY BOYOES ABSENCE?

WHY BOYOES ABSENCE?
Friday, May 22, 2015

Hebrews 10:22-27 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
James 4:17 … to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

  On Monday, May 18, I posed several questions to you have to do with why are there so few men in church. Though I had hoped for more, not many responded, a reaction that may be indicative in itself. Read on …  EBB4
-
I think all America has become feminized, and the church is sadly more influenced by, than it influences, the rest of all America. 

"Why do I go to church?"  I go to church because:
I believe God wants me & my family to go to church.
I desire for me & my family to be healthy, growing Christians.  
My fellow believers in my local church provide me & my family with encouragement and accountability to be healthy & growing, and God uses me to encourage & provide accountability to my fellow believers.  
I am able to worship in a more thorough way in the local church setting.  
God equips me to be a better ambassador for Christ, a better husband, a better Dad, and just a better man through my involvement in my local church.

TOP 10 REASONS WHY A CHRISTIAN SHOULD ATTEND CHURCH:
10. It is sin to not go to church.(Jas. 4:17)
9. It’s the right choice.  (Joshua 24:15)
8. It’s the soul-winner’s responsibility.  (Luke 14:23)
7. To have a better life.  (Matt. 11:28)
6. To follow the Bible pattern.   Acts 2:47)
5. To confess Christ.  (Luke 12:9)
4. To have fellowship with other Christians.  (Acts 2:42)
3. To have a healthy Christian life. (1 Peter 2:2)
3. To express thankfulness (Luke 17:16)
1. To obey Christ’s commandment  (Heb. 10:25)

TOP TEN REASONS WHY SOME CHRISTIANS DON’T ATTEND CHURCH:
(from the same Scripture verses as above)
10. Don’t care that it’s sin.
9. Don’t care if they make bad choices.
8. No desire to see others get saved.
7. Desire a sinful life over a better life.
6. Don’t want God’s pattern.
5. Don’t care to confess Christ.
4. Don’t care to fellowship.
3. Prefer to neglect spiritual health.
2. Ungrateful.
1. Disobedient.

Tom  (IL)
-
I stopped going to church at least my church because of Pastor Derik Hines at the Community church of Joy in Glendale Arizona. I had been attending this church for nine years. I have served and volunteered in every capacity there is in this church. Before I was suspended and kicked out by Pastor Derik Hines, I has taken over as manager the Sunday snack bar we call the Taste Of JOY. I had many doubts and concerns about assuming this position because of my background. I expressed this to the Pastor along with another pastor in a meeting with the woman I was to replace. They both knew my background and knew my concern but told me in front of her it was no issue as long as I wanted to serve. So I accepted the position and trained and took over. I ran this group of volunteers for six months including the holidays and special events including Kenny luck. During March I was wrongly accused on hugging one of my staff members inappropriately. I was devastated. I talked to the person involved and another member who both stated in no certain terms I had never did a thing wrong to either of them They even called the pastor on this. I met with him and brought along a retired superior court judge as my witness and assistant. The pastor explained that his security guard over reacted to the situation but never apologized. Instead two weeks later he called a meeting of all the volunteers to discuss background checks which had been brought up in my meeting. In front of 15 witnesses he told everyone that there was NO ONE in that meeting that had anything to worry about as far as background problems. I was very reluctant to fill it out since he was all ready aware of my problem. I have a felony from seven years ago. I trusted him to be fair and honest with me. After a week of deciding on Palm Sunday I turned it in. Sure enough on good Tuesday he suspended me pending further investigation. Then it became I was accused of harassing some woman at church. The story kept changing and the lies kept piling up. A pastor who deliberately lied because he needed to protect some person who is not even a member of the church yet blew me off like I never mattered. As it turned out He never lifted the suspension and I never went back. No one from the church not even the few friends I had left have even bothered to contact me or even care about me.. I cant attend my church home of nine years because of a series of lies and inconsistencies. I have NO church home and any church I have attended once they know my background have ostracized me  There is NO point being in a place or a church YOU are not welcomed. The least of these does not apply in modern society especially if you are a felon. … I am not sure courage [in sharing his experience] is the right word. I have no home church or otherwise. I have nothing to lose and I doubt there will be any reaction. I just feel as though I was made a scapegoat for nothing after nine years of service to this church. Which meant nothing. Now I am nothing. Joseph Inserra (AZ)
-

  The Pew Report said about the same.  A left progressive reporter for the New York Times wrote a story that the young people are leaving the Church, but Fox News said it is not true...only in the churches that are watering down God's Word are they seeing young people leave.  
  First Lutheran's attendance is fully recovered from the rift we had when our junior pastor left and took one third of our congregation.  We picked up many young people (with small kids) from the ELCA congregations over the "homosexual can be pastors because we have grace" doctrine they adopted.  Our congregation was mostly gray until the last ten years.  Praise Jesus!
  Then the other day, Kevin Steele (a left leaning reporter from Texas) got an earful from Ted Cruz.  The reporter was asking Ted why he hated gays.  So Ted asked him why he hated Christians.  I Pray that the other Republican candidates follow suit.
DJK (NE)
-
  Make church more attractive to men?
  Wouldn’t this draw such men that are drawn to or marry women for their attractiveness, then depart if she begins to look like a sagging bag lady?
CL (MD)
-
  Jesus said He would draw all men to Him. (Jn.12:32) All men will not come. (Mt.7:13-14; Jn.3:15-21)
  I believe there are underlying reasons why people forsake gathering together in His name. (Heb.10:25 )   
  The reasons have to do with unbelief on the part of the unsaved and saved alike; attitude toward The Word living (Jn.1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Also note 1Jn.5:20.) and written (2Tim.3:16-17 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly [completely] furnished unto all good works.”)
  The two greatest motivators in life are fear and love. They are behind all that we do or don’t do, at times contrarily so. A man fears not being responsible. He loves family and friend. A man fears responsibility. He expensively loves himself above all others. There are many more examples that may be given. No need to, just look around.
  The Word says that exceedingly moral reverence of God is of utmost importance to and in life. (Contextually “fear” is commonly used in Bible translations and versions. Deut.10:12, 20-21; Pr.1:7, 29; 2:5; 9:10; Isa.11:2; 33:6; Heb.10:31; 12:28-29) God’s Word says gathering together as His family for worship, synergy, and mutual support. Many do not consider this knowledge and practice to be important, setting other life matters higher on priority list. This is understandable when it comes to those that know Him not, but professing Christians that say they believe, trust in, His Word?!
  The Word says that if we love Him we will obey His commandments. (Jn.14:15, 21; 15:10) Does this include only submission to the morality of The Ten in the Old and New Testament? No. It includes fellowship with family “reasonable service” (Rom.12:1-3) worship and discipleship (Jn.8:31; Heb.10:25-26).
  Men, and women, do not participate in church because they don’t fear and love God.
  I am churched because I fear and love God.
Ed Bullock (NE)
-

Any further responses to the question will be published in Saturday DT FORUM.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment