Wednesday, December 2, 2015

SINKING DNA

SINKING DNA
Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Romans [NLT] 12:1-3 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.

  It’s no secret that I’m a reader. Lots of books, essays, magazines (12), et al are opened here. I like to learn  . . . plus English/Literature High School teacher Mrs. Flora Wiley told me I was to write, but to write most effectively one must read volume and variety. She also said this should include reading on topics least understood.
  Within the last month I read yet another article on DNA. Though I understand more than once did, DNA as topic is still basically a string of colored beads to me.
  A way I do fully comprehend DNA is intimately emotionally when expressed in literary terms. This morning in reading SMITHSONIAN September issue is just such an occasion. Jesse Housty, 28 years of age, living in Bella Bella, Campbell Island, British Columbia, declared “… in my DNA. . . . There’s no other geography in the world where I make sense.”
  Housty’s words set me to thinking of my past searching and present quay.
  In the past I, not without emotion, puzzled in this oh-so-human-issue existent since being cast from our original intended homeland in Eden. (Gen.2:8; 3:24) Growing up my address list was first Evergreen Ave., Baltimore MD; Meadow Lane, Dundalk MD; Clermont Mill Rd., North Harford County MD; Chrome Hill Rd., Rocks MD; Sharon Rd., Rocks MD; Paradise Rd., Aberdeen MD; Edmund St., Aberdeen MD; Evans St., Omaha NE; and presently Colonial Acres, Omaha NE.
  Which place, or places, made for sense and sensibility? The list sorting being primarily emotionally speculative instead of studiously academic in compilation . . . and even then shifted by sentiments of the moment; the importance of geographical anchoring was never dropped other than in tenuous shifting sands of Harford County.
  And so it was until I discovered, realized, and accepted that all previous and present physical geography are but mini-ports temporarily visited.
  I am pleased to announce that beginning in the autumn of 1963 I had a drastic DNA change and have since that event been adopting the sensibilities of being a citizen of God’s kingdom. (Phil.3:20)
  If you have not done so already, please do join me in this place of comprehension unto peace and everlasting purpose.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment