Friday, December 18, 2015

TO KNOW: TO HELP OTHERS UNDERSTAND

TO KNOW: TO HELP OTHERS UNDERSTAND
Friday, December 18, 2015

Job [MKJV] 38:1-4 And Jehovah answered Job out of the tempest, and said, Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Now gird up your loins like a man; for I will ask of you, and you teach Me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell if you have understanding! ……
Proverbs 1:1-7 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; to know wisdom and instruction; to recognize the words of understanding; to receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and uprightness; to give sense to the simple, knowledge and judgment to the young man; the wise hears and increases learning; and understanding ones get wisdom; to understand a proverb and its meaning; the words of the wise, and their acute sayings. The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
1Peter 5:1-11 I exhort the elders who are among you, I being also an elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed. Feed the flock of God among you, taking the oversight, not by compulsion, but willingly; nor for base gain, but readily; nor as lording it over those allotted to you by God, but becoming examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory. Likewise, younger ones, be subject to older ones, and all being subject to one another. Put on humility. For God resists proud ones, but He gives grace to the humble. Therefore be humbled under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your anxiety onto Him, for He cares for you. Be sensible and vigilant, because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking someone he may devour; whom firmly resist in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions in the world are being completed in your brotherhood. But the God of all grace, He calling us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a little, He will perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To Him be the glory and the might forever and ever. Amen. 1Jn 5:10  He who believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself. He who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he does not believe the record that God gave of His Son.
1John 5:11-14 And this is the record, that God has given to us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I have written these things to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

  Many elders want to bequeath understanding. I am among this lot and am passionate to do so. Today I share something learned that I consider very important to a sojourner’s eternal occupation.
  I once held to the illusion that with aging, life’s events – good or bad, delightful or disastrous – could or would be understood. After trusting Christ, reading and studying the Word, I expected my understanding of all events would be exemplary. How foolish of me! As the years from autumn 1963 passed I realized how comparatively little I was going to truly understand about the why and wherefore of every life episode.
  Did this diminish my view of God and the saving power of Jesus? No, instead it illustrated to me something of preeminent value; embracing the truth that there is God’s ultimate purpose is necessary in order to function in optimal spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical well-being here. This includes accepting I am not going to understand everything. It is not necessary for me to understand everything any more than it was for Moses, Job or other Bible characters! (Ex.3:13-14; Job 38:4)
  Realizing and accepting this truth is humbling, as well it should, for otherwise I walk anxiously seeking personal control.  (Lk.12:25)
  I also have come to understand God works with us on a need-to-know basis. Essential knowledge came quickly after that blessed autumn night. Equipping knowledge continues as required for sensible action. Another thing I came to soon understand: Implementing all I do understand remains a problem.  EBB4


PS. Originally penned Thursday, August 13, 2009. At 5:30am this morning it came up in the rotation of TO KNOW series. I reread, am reminded of past history, contemplated in view of present events, and then redacted the DT. I pray you are as blessed as much or more than me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment