Thursday, December 10, 2015

TO KNOW: THE TRUTH IN US?

TO KNOW: THE TRUTH IN US?
Thursday, December 10, 2015

John [MKJV] 8:23-34 And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you shall die in your sins, for if you do not believe that I AM, you shall die in your sins. Then they said to Him, Who are you? And Jesus said to them, Even the same which I also say to you. I have many things to say and to judge of you, but He who sent Me is true, and I speak to the world those things what I heard of Him. They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father. Then Jesus said to them, When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you shall know that I AM, and that I do nothing of Myself, but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things. And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things which please Him. As He spoke these words, many believed upon Him. Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed on Him, If you continue in My Word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered Him, We are Abraham's seed and were never in bondage to anyone. How do you say, You will be made free? Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever practices sin is the slave of sin.
John 14:6-7 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. And from now on you know Him and have seen Him.
1John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess [Strong’s - G3670, ὁμολογέω, homologeō, hom-ol-og-eh'-o, From a compound of the base of G3674 and G3056; to assent, that is, covenant, acknowledge: - con- (pro-) fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.] our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

  When reading the Gospel of or the Epistles of John, keep in mind that they are penned by the same man, the Apostle John, he who walked with Jesus and laid his head on His breast (Jn.1:1-3; 13:23-25).
  We know as we confess sinfulness we are agreeing with God that there is not a single glimmer of inherent righteousness in us. Doing so we give assent to and acknowledge God’s truth within us as believers, never separate from the fact that “There is none righteous, no, not one”. (Isa.64:6; Rom.3:10, 23)
  Should it make personal salvation suspect if we say we are without sin? Or as I often heard in jail “I really am a good person. I just have made some mistakes.”?
  Argue with God on some issues if you will (Gen.18:22-33; 32:24-31), but dispute not who and what we truly are of ourselves; unrighteous, desperately needing present and eternal redemption that is only in, by, and through Christ Jesus. (Rom.3:21-25)

  To agree with Him about our base nature and that there is but One that can forgive unto present and eternal redemption brings with it the blessed assurance of everlasting salvation. A plain truth often complicated by those with prideful ego lying far from accepting God’s gracious cleansing.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment