Monday, January 2, 2017

I.R.P.

I.R.P
Monday, January 02, 2017

Hebrews [GW] 5:8-14; 6:1 Although Jesus was the Son of God, he learned to be obedient through his sufferings. After he had finished his work, he became the source of eternal salvation for everyone who obeys him. God appointed him chief priest in the way Melchizedek was a priest. We have a lot to explain about this. But since you have become too lazy to pay attention, explaining it to you is hard. By now you should be teachers. Instead, you still need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word. You need milk, not solid food. All those who live on milk lack the experience to talk about what is right. They are still babies. However, solid food is for mature people, whose minds are trained by practice to know the difference between good and evil. With this in mind, we should stop going over the elementary truths about Christ and move on to topics for more mature people. We shouldn't repeat the basics about turning away from the useless things we did and the basics about faith in God.

  As stated yesterday, my expectation from my teachers is I.R.P., pronounced irp, at times by me digested reluctantly with more than one resultant burp. We alone, by the free will given to us by Sovereign God Almighty are in control of whether our spiritual diet is pabulum or adult consumption. I try my best to keep I.R.P.ing at the core of my written and spoken shared thoughts. This latter is not without effort. This DT required several hours of searching, write, edit, rewrite, repeat, the always most difficult task being to write concisely.
  Dropping punctuation, today I briefly further explain what IRP means to me. (Using MKJV today.)
INFORMATION: Hermeneutically comprehensively teaching what God says; not comparing life and its issues to God’s Word, but taking what God tells us and applying it to life. Doing so as did Jesus, tying in language, cultural settings, man’s recorded history, archeology, divisions and controversies, et al, though not without illustrative contemporary example and/or humor. [Jesus explained] ”I have given them Your Word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not pray for You to take them out of the world, but for You to keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through Your truth. Your Word is truth. (Jn.17:14-17) [Paul explained] “All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.” (2Tim.3:16-17)
REMINDERS: Central to this is being reminded of who I actually am since being born-again (Jn.3:3) at age 27. By God’s grace I am authoritatively His son (Jn.1:12), equipped by His indwelling Holy Spirit (1Cor.6:19) and His Word (Jn.17:17), said authority initially basic but with additional ongoing equipping depending on my submissive agreeability or not. (2Tim.3:16-17 Note “may”) And that our family authority is very much centered in the job description the Apostle lived and presents in 2Corinthians 5:1-21. (If interested, upon request I will provide WHO I AM IN CHRIST from my file.)
PROVOCATION: Without provocation, inspiring and urging exhortation, the above is no more the IR, sounded “ire”. . . the dark-cloud mantle and manner under which we may hunker down in what we interpret as our comfort zone.

  If you are not already doing so, please join in living IRP-ly in order to increase living “in Him”, the life and light to all that follow; “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.“ (Jn.1:1-5)
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment