Tuesday, January 17, 2017

O' TO BE LIKE HIM

O’ TO BE LIKE HIM
Tuesday, January 17, 2017

  Grandmother McGee and others informed me that I began questioning about the time I began speaking. I still do so publically and privately for it is how I think and get answers. I contend that questions and answers, even non-answers, serve us well in realizing edification. I also soon discovered that there are those that do not like questions, at times Grandmother McGee and others. More than once did I hear “We don’t ask questions like that!” or “You don’t need to know.”
  When the religious hierarchy sent temple guards to arrest Jesus, they returned empty-handed. Facing the dismay of the chief priests and Pharisees "Why didn't you bring Jesus?" The temple guards answered, "No human has ever spoken like this man."  (Jn.7:45-46)
  And how did Jesus speak?
  Quite often with pointed questions; many times responding to a question with a question.
  Knowing this presents a whole different meaning to singing “O’ to be like Him”, doesn’t it?
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment