Wednesday, December 27, 2017

BIBLICAL PRESPECTIVE ON WHOLENESS

BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE ON WHOLENESS
Wednesday, December 27, 2017

  The Apostle Paul lovingly desired wholeness for people (1Thess.5:23), definitely a matter of godliness. I have and continue to give recurring thought to the topic for I too desire it with the accompanying ability to thusly provide guidance to for others. In contemplating God’s Word my earliest and yet abiding conclusion being that wholeness is inseparable from seeing the kingdom of God. (Jn.3:3) God’s kingdom seen in, by, and through the Word Living (Jn.1:1) and written (the Bible).
  For some time I’ve wanted to write out and share my thoughts as I see wholeness spiritually, mentally, physically, and bodily. I’ve partially done so thru the years, but not as a series. This morning I endeavor to begin doing so as your fellow traveler this side of death. Please walk with me thru this series. Feel free to take my hand or refuse to do so.
  I begin with the beginning: Genesis and “good”.

FROM GOOD TO GOOD

  Reading of the opening events of creation we see God said “good” numerous times describing that which He formed. And truly good it was for until due to disobediently gaining the knowledge of good and evil, knowing and experiencing the good of creation – evil being the tragic comparative addition to, Adam and Eve were evicted from the garden in Eden. They and all since falling short of the glory of God (Rom.3:23) the matter of good and its results are chaotically mixed.
  We provide charity helping some while enabling slothful others. We provide for famine sufferers. They flock to population center distribution points never to return to their farming, creating other problems. Hawaiians vote for statehood and gain many good things, but also come under USA mandated labor laws. Consequently their major industry of pineapples and sugar from cane diminishes and falls to nothing. Now Hawaii has one main industry, tourism, and expensively imports 90% of their food, a vulnerable fragile situation. Democracies set out to help others gain self-determination and mass death, destruction, and deprivation ensues. I’m certain you know of other good decisions that are chaotically mixed in results.
  Having moved down from truly good to chaotic tarnished good, mankind, individual and/or groups, has the opportunity to move upward. (Rom.1:17-19) Realistically seeing this world’s chaos we are left with a personal question: Am I whole enough to live Corinthians 13 love, doing good apart from stumbling over cynicism and protectively isolating myself?
To serve Him all our days,

Ed Bullock (EBB4)

No comments:

Post a Comment