Tuesday, February 20, 2018

CONSTANT EXERCISE

CONSTANT EXERCISE
Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Romans [ESV] 12:1-3 I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God's will is—what is proper, pleasing, and perfect. 3 For by the grace given to me I ask every one of you not to think of yourself more highly than you should think, rather to think of yourself with sober judgment on the measure of faith that God has assigned each of you.

  The 3 verses above are persistently on my heart.
  Christine is a young woman I’ve known since she was a child. She exercises. I don’t mean she emulates my park-at-the-far-end-of-store-lot regimen. Christine exercises!! And the benefits she enjoys are obvious. I applaud Christine
  God’s Word addresses the topic of physical exercise: “… bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” (ESV 1Tim.4:8)
  This is not condemnation of physical exercise. It is exhortation toward a life-order always keeping an eternal perspective of prioritizing utmost values; that which pleases God and benefits others in the greatest way.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment