Thursday, February 1, 2018

THE SIGNIFICANCE OD EXPECTATION

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF EXPECTATION
Thursday, February 01, 2018

Conceding O LORD, you are my Father; I am the clay, and you are my potter; I am the work of your hand. [Isa.64]

  It is said that we are shaped by our experiences and events. I do not believe this to be exactly correct. Why not? Because of who I am in Christ and in observing the lives of others that are in Christ and those that are not.
  The operative truth is that we are shaped by what we truly believe encompassing the experiences and events in our life – past, present, and future. The last few days I’ve been again pondering this aspect of affection in light of future expectation. Said ponderance has been volumes. Paring the volumes to a concise essay has been 2Timothy 2:15 work.
  John, in his 3rd epistle to those in Christ, explains “… we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he [Jesus] appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. (ESV 3:2-3)
  Biblical fact from God to us: A genuine expectation of our future in Christ continually produces godliness!

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment