Sunday, February 3, 2019

NO STORAGE ROOM


NO STORAGE ROOM
Sunday, February 03, 2019

Psalm 32:3-5 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

  We store old resentments, old hurts, old slights (both real and imagined) until we are so full we “roar” inside. This inner turmoil causes both physical and mental problems that wear our bodies out, causing sickness and sin.
  I recently cleaned my coffee pot with vinegar. When I finished I started to pour it down the drain and remembered that a friend saves he vinegar and uses it over and over. It reminded me of how we store resentments and hurts and I thought ”I don’t have room to store this vinegar, nor do I have room to store resentments and hurts. We need to confess our sins, dump all the old hurts and so on, and make room for love!”
Leslie Nivens

No comments:

Post a Comment