Wednesday, September 11, 2019

INFORMATIVE

AN INFORMATIVE JOURNEY
Wednesday, September 11, 2019

  Job [MKJV] 22:2 Can a man be useful to God, as he who is wise may be useful to himself?
  Proverbs 1:1-9 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; to know wisdom and instruction; to recognize the words of understanding; to receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and uprightness; to give sense to the simple, knowledge and judgment to the young man; the wise hears and increases learning; and understanding ones get wisdom; to understand a proverb and its meaning; the words of the wise, and their acute sayings. The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction. My son, hear the instruction of your father, and forsake not the law of your mother; for they shall be an ornament of grace to your head and chains around your neck.

  Reading the Bible and looking for personal guidance and application is not always happy travel for me. The parts I think I’m in stride with feel good; the portions from which I’m ethically and morally distant from results in challenging disruptive disturbance.
  So why do I keep at it? Because I know that, for me it has proven to be an informative journey and a profitable one inseparably spiritual (peace, relationships, et al), emotionally, and physical (health, wealth, et al). So there I have it every day in every way, my choice to travel a continuing informative beneficial journey, or not?
  I close today’s thoughts with the words of Christian author Robert Chapman: “This book contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers…. Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy…. It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword…. Read it slowly, frequently, prayerfully…. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its sacred contents.” 
EBB4  

No comments:

Post a Comment