Sunday, September 8, 2019

WORSHIP

WORSHIP
Sunday, September 8, 2019

Revelation [MKJV 2:2-5] I know your works and your labor and your patience, and how you cannot bear those who are evil. And you tried those pretending to be apostles, and are not, and have found them liars. And you have borne, and have patience, and for My name's sake you have labored and have not fainted. But I have against you that you left your first love. Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and will remove your lampstand out of its place unless you repent.

  I like serving and feeling useful far better than being entertained any day! I have however learned that that zeal for entertainment or feeling useful may keep us from first love.
  When involved in serving God we can slowly become more involved in enjoyable service than love. Marriage is a perfect example of this at times. I had done this at times.
  How easy it is to enmesh one’s self in giving more thought and time, attitude, to happy service of people’s needs! . . . and unremarkably slip away from true worship of God.
  Thankfully, He gives call to return to Him. 
EBB4

PS. Put another way, it’s possible to love marriage without Biblically loving the one you’re married to. It’s possible to love churchiness and not Biblically love the Lord of church. This I have observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment