Sunday, February 16, 2020

STEADFAST LOVE


STEADFAST LOVE

Sunday, February 16, 2020



  I identify with Hannah’s grief and longing for a child. When I was a little girl and someone asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I’d always say “A mamma.”

  Hugh and I were married just after my 25th birthday and I looked forward to starting a family, but the months and years went by until I was 30. That summer God sent us a beautiful baby boy, then 2 years later He blessed us with a precious baby girl. Those were happy, happy, wonderful years; caring for our babies and watching them grow and mature. When I read 1Samuel 1:10-18; 2:19 I picture Hannah trudging along year after year with the little coat made for her firstborn son.

  How I did pray for the steadfast faith and love that sustained Hannah through those years.

Leslie Nivens


No comments:

Post a Comment