Wednesday, February 26, 2020

WHAT CHANGED?


WHAT CHANGED?

Wednesday, February 26, 2020



  1Corinthians [ESV] 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

  2Timothy 2:1-2 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.



  Recently someone told me they had changed their mind in some things. Which left me thinking what have I changed a position on? I know I’ve matured, this effecting all areas of my life . . . spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically for the better, something that should be normal for John 1:12 members of God’s family. It being one of the themes throughout His Word. But this is a generality. What of some specific area?

  Awoke thinking about this. While cranking up this PC I thought of one particular item centered around two words, “I do.”

  In what seems like an eon ago, revival or evangelistic meetings lasted 2 weeks, every evening for 14 days, both Sunday mornings. We, as a family, were faithful attenders. They were held in buildings or sawdust floored tents large or small. Oliver B. Greene used a 3 ring circus tent. One time Ann and I participated sitting on logs at a sawmill lot with the preachers on the machinery platform. Another time we attended open air on a hillside pasture with Ian Paisley on a hay wagon with one wit commenting on how well the cows behaved.

  Some preachers taught that you had to have had a definite as in marriage “I do” moment to really be saved. This I believed was necessary. Though I cannot pin down an exact moment when I changed my mind, I did. How so?

  I realized that as in marriage the “I do” is not a decision made then, but the declaration of previous commitment that we may, or may not, know when that moment occurred. Additionally, Biblical public baptisms were and still are declarations of the decision made prior.

  What are one or more areas you’ve changed your mind due to Acts 17:11 Berean study and thinking?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment