Friday, March 6, 2020

O' TO BE HIS BOASTER!


O’ TO BE HIS BOASTER!

Friday, March 6, 2020



  Proverbs [GW] 4:23-24 Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it. Remove dishonesty from your mouth. Put deceptive speech far away from your lips.

  1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.



  I don’t know about all men’s youth, but me and my young pals exercised considerable braggadocio, it being common among boys (and girls?). We considered it great fun embroidering tales of our mighty feats and victories, some complete hyperbole, others pyramidal.

  Boasting about self is a sign of immaturity regardless of age, even when some pop psychotherapist deems it a useful method of building self-esteem. I didn’t even find truth in this as a boy forever fearing I’d be found out and ridiculed – hardly an esteem building exercise, eh what?

  And there’s the blessed maturity detailed in 1Corinthians chapter 13; love displacing immature arrogance and living above self as Scripture says, "Whoever brags must brag about what the Lord has done." (GW 1Cor.1:31; Paul referencing Jer.9:23-24)

  Let us continue to worship the lord in maturing together.

EBB4



A few other pertaining verses: Pr.34:2; Rom.3:27-28; 1Cor.9:16; Eph.2:9; Phil.2:5, remembering to prayerfully read all in context.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment