Tuesday, March 17, 2020

REMEMBERING PEARL HARBOR DAY


REMEMBERING PEARL HARBOR
Tuesday, March 17, 2020

  The day, December7, 1941, that those infamous Japs accomplished a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, I was just 30 days away from my milestone 6th birthday. Of course I recognized the hubbub, but little did I know the changes we would experience beginning immediately. Shifted labor, shortages, laws and rules, rationing, social restrictions reflected in empty parking places etc. . . . that which later came to understand as the galvanizing of American society resulting in both gains and losses. I consider myself among the gainers, WWII contributing for the better to who I am.
  This day is no different in that it is nationwide changing lives for better or worse depending on outlook grounded in a realistic worldview or not. For the followers of Christ grounded in the Word there will be spiritual achievement, for “godliness with contentment is great gain,” (1Tim6:6)
EBB4

A bit of personal trivia: The results of 2 generational evaluations both show me as very much of the G.I. generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment