Thursday, October 22, 2020

PAYING ATTENTION

 

PAYING ATTENTION

  Psalm [CEV] 92:3-6 I enjoy praising your name to the music of harps, because everything you do makes me happy, and I sing joyful songs. You do great things, LORD. Your thoughts are too deep for an ignorant fool to know or understand. 

  Proverbs 12:15 Fools think they know what is best, but a sensible person listens to advice. 

  In my endeavor to please my Lord . . . and not wanting to be an ignorant fool, I’ve additionally acquired 42 topical books by June Hunt: Hope for the Heart, a Bible-based counseling series. As is my custom, I’m thoughtfully reading them for myself first of all. Doing so because at 85 I still need maturing. And I want to be familiar with what I recommend.

  At 4x7 inches pocket sized, 96 pages each, they are easy to read & understand. Each topical book is divided in four sections:  1. Definitions. 2. Characteristics. 3. Causes. 4. Solutions. Thus far I’ve thoughtfully read Considering Marriage; Are You Fit To Be Tied?, Forgiveness; The Freedom to Let Go, Depression; Walking From Darkness Into the Dawn, Self-Worth; Discovering Your God-given Worth, Anger; Facing the Fire Within, Stress; How to Cope at the End of Your Rope, Grief; Living at Peace With Loss, Critical Spirit; Confronting the Heart of a Critic.

  I have benefitted from each Biblically insightful book and encourage you to acquire according to your need or lack and join me in happy maturation pleasing to Lord God Almighty. (Rom.12:1-3)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment