Wednesday, July 8, 2020

ALL IN ALL


ALL IN ALL
Wednesday, July 8, 2020

  An oft used phrase I heard during my boyhood was “All in all the truth/fact is …”, “all” being something my father warned me about usage and accepting. He taught that there seldom is “all” though people educated or not may say so. Consequently my ears perk up and my lips hesitate when I hear or am tempted to or by “all”.
  An example from my life experiences in hearing discussions on our 2nd Civil War: All Confederate soldiers fought to maintain slavery. All Union soldiers fought to abolish slavery?
  To use another old phrase: “Is that so?!”
  There is a person and place where we see and hear “all” truly and factually; the Word of God.
  Consider two of the Word’s irrefutable facts about “all”:
                All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom.3:23)
                I, Jesus, will draw all men to me. (Jn.12:32)
  And as Dad was in the hospital wasting away, as Pastor Tony Rice spoke of these facts to him, he trusted the All in All.
EBB4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment