Monday, July 6, 2020

JUDGE RIGHTLY


JUDGING RIGHTLY
Monday, July 6, 2020

  Psalm 25:4-5; 51-13 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. … Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
  Luke [GW] 7:36-49 One of the Pharisees invited Jesus to eat with him. Jesus went to the Pharisee's house and was eating at the table. A woman who lived a sinful life in that city found out that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house. So she took a bottle of perfume and knelt at his feet. She was crying and washed his feet with her tears. Then she dried his feet with her hair, kissed them over and over again, and poured the perfume on them. The Pharisee who had invited Jesus saw this and thought, "If this man really were a prophet, he would know what sort of woman is touching him. She's a sinner." Jesus spoke up, "Simon, I have something to say to you." Simon replied, "Teacher, you're free to speak." So Jesus said, "Two men owed a moneylender some money. One owed him five hundred silver coins, and the other owed him fifty. When they couldn't pay it back, he was kind enough to cancel their debts. Now, who do you think will love him the most?" Simon answered, "I suppose the one who had the largest debt canceled." Jesus said to him, "You're right. Then, turning to the woman, he said to Simon, "You see this woman, don't you? I came into your house. You didn't wash my feet. But she has washed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. You didn't give me a kiss. But ever since I came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet. You didn't put any olive oil on my head. But she has poured perfume on my feet. That's why I'm telling you that her many sins have been forgiven. Her great love proves that. But whoever receives little forgiveness loves very little." Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins have been forgiven." The other guests thought, "Who is this man who even forgives sins?"

  We are responsible to consider life’s issues.
  Many are hoodwinked by wolves in sheep’s clothing, wicked lambs promising spiritual, physical, financial, political prosperity and security. And then there’s fooling oneself with the blindness that sometimes comes with affection; not wanting to believe and accept the truth about self or those we love and admire.
  Exercising Biblical judgment is not for the faint-hearted or emotionally discombobulated, and especially not for those proudly grounded in self; eyes filled with ego-centric woodwork. Please understand that judgmentalism is not a Holy Spirit ministry gift; this sin easily identified by gleeful feelings, joyfulness in criticizing others.
  What is required when it is necessary to judge?
·         Clear vision! Mt.7:5; 1Cor.2:14; & chapter 13
·         Knowing The Truth so as to discern untruth; equipping to recognize good or bad trees, fruit, wolves and sheep. 1Cor.2:14; 2Tim.2:15-16; 3:16-17; Heb.4:12.
·         Understanding and graciously functioning within our ambassadorial position. Eccl.12:9-14; Prov.1:1-7; 2Cor. chapter 5.
·         A compassionate attitude. Jonah chapters 3 & 4; Rom.12:9; Jam.3:17.
·         Understanding the end hope is always redemption, reconciliation, and edification. 2Cor.5:18-19; Eph.5:14-21.
  In light of rereading the above points and reviewing references from God’s Word, I recognize I have more to learn and appropriate in order to maintain facility of proper Biblically balanced judgment. Ego, prejudice, and embedded culture and party lines lurk nearby at all times . . . and readily creep in during incautious moments. Consequently, as a matter of personal need, I’ve decided to embrace the words of a psalmist as my prayer. I invite you to join me … “Deal with your servant according to your love and teach me your decrees. I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.” (NLT Ps.119:124-125) 
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment