Thursday, July 23, 2020

LISTENING


LISTENING
Thursday, July 23, 2020

“Hearing and listening are two different things.” 15 year old student acquaintance

This being what Jesus meant when He said “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Mt.11:15; 13:9; Mk.4:9, 23; 7:16)

  Even when listening carefully, it can be to other than God.
  One of my ongoing experiences as a disciple of Christ is Romans 12:1-3 new thinking as I listen to Him.
  Would you believe that I once thought Eve, then Adam, sinned by eating an apple? Then later hearing and believing that it was sex that was the original sin? And that prostitution is the world’s oldest profession?
  It wasn’t just these now obvious 3, but many more from family, public school education and other-wise teachers. The latter in the good old days including a Psalm, The Lord’s Prayer, pledge allegiance to the flag quickly done (with JWs stepping out in the hall), followed by hours of instruction including a whole lot of worldly philosophy.
  Jesus explained that truly listening is of not just present, but of eternal importance: “Jesus answered them, I told you and you did not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you did not believe because you are not of My sheep. As I said to you, My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.” (Jn.10:25-28)
  Listen! 
EBB4
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment