Wednesday, July 1, 2020

HAPPINESS


HAPPINESS
Wednesday, July 1, 2020

  Job 5:17-18 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole. 
  Proverbs 29:18, 20 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him. 

  There was a time when I pursued happiness. Can’t say exactly when, but somewhere along my timeline I decided it not a good goal for me as God’s son. (Jn.1:12) In my ongoing personal Romans 12:2 transition I found that only pursuing godliness provides authentic happiness as a byproduct.
  Consider these truths:
·         Love is a basic need. God loves above all others. His love is unequivocal. Only by resting in His love I can truly love others. Resting in His 1John 4:8 love I am exceedingly happy.
·         Security and peace are a basic need. If I don’t trust Him with my concerns (1Pet.5:7) and guilt (1Jn.1:8-9), I am insecure without peace; not happy. (Ps.103:12, Jn.14:27; 16:33)
·         Properly understanding self is a basic need. Accepting the Isaiah 53:6 / Romans 3:10, 23 truth that I’m not inherently of myself a good person, I can be happy. Rejecting this vital fact is a prideful hindrance to Biblical joy.
·         The need to belong is basic. (Gen.2:18) Focus on pursuing belonging in being a fan, entertainment (this includes “Christian entertainment”), clubs, fraternities, sororities, marriage, church et al . . . will never provide Biblical joy, but leave one ever striving for the goal of happiness.
·         Life with authentic purpose is a basic need. Reject the truth of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, Matthew 6:1-33, Romans 12:1-3 . . . and all is a perplexing disillusioned race for happiness.
·         If I make decisions other than according to God’s wisdom, His Word, I have no hope of authentic Biblical happiness. When Scripture doesn’t precisely spell out direction for decision, Matthew 6:33 is viable guide.
  Who doesn’t want to be happy? I’ve yet to meet the person.
  Dear fellow travelers, please understand that God loves you and wants you to be happy. But without His Way, there is no hope of valid happiness. (Jn.14:6)
  How is it that you are seeking happiness, in the games of this world apart from His wise provision?
  Dear Christian, are you unhappy but reject taking time to look up Bible verses providing His answers? If this is your chosen way, then you shall continue in the fickle wearying pursuit of happiness. 
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment