Wednesday, July 22, 2020

GOD'S PROVISION FOR ESCAPE


GOD’S WAY OF ESCAPE
Wednesday, July 22, 2020

  1Corinthians [NLT] 10:12-13 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. [As always, please read in context in the translation of your preference.
  1Peter chapter 5 … “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” [Prov.3:34-35] So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you….

  This morning’s thoughts are on the topic of temptation/testing and “a way to escape” (KJV) and 4 connecting points turning over in mind.
  I am not an overt grumbler. I have however been a worrier. For me worrying, anxiety, and the accompanying passive-aggressive anger, though silently done is a form of murmuring - not trusting God’s direction. Deliverance for me came through trusting God with concerns that I could not foresee solutions for. Most concerns never came to pass or passed by without damage. Some He gave solutions for or direction in while trusting Him. Most resulted in lessons recognized upon later reflection. Yet other situations I anticipate clarity to arrive here or beyond death.
  Trusting God with my worries was and continues to be centered in His Word, in particular 1Peter 5:6-7. Initialing I dumped on God, but then as I repeatedly pondered I gained increase in strengthening insight; insight that I here present in 4 points realized:
1.       Capability, God’s: There is nothing He does not see, know, or can do as it pleases Him. (Ex.3:14)
2.       Provision, God’s: His merciful love. God alone supplies peace beyond any form this world provides. (Jn.14:27; 16:33)
3.       Capability, ours: We’re initially equipped with further furnishing completely available. (2Tim.3:16-17)
4.       Responsibility, ours: God created us with free will. He doesn’t do it for us. Indeed He shows the way, but He never pushes us onto it. We alone decide to live a distracted life or one of empowered purpose exercised within His provision of personal peace. (Beginning with Adam & Eve a constant truth illustrated throughout God’s Word.)
    As a person that too often has learned these things the hard way, I pray you, if not already so will this day benefit from my education.
EBB4

PS. I haven’t worried for a long time. I’m accepting this morning’s thoughts as a Holy Spirit caution against smugness. For though unrecognized by me, I may be in or approaching the borderland of worry and unease. (Jn.14:26-27) And as you know, my life verses are Ps.32:8-9, which means there are times I don’t see the elephant in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment