Wednesday, January 15, 2014

IRRESPONSIBLE


NAÏVE IRRESPONSIBILITY
Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Matthew 11:27-30 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
John 8:31-34 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
The Book of Galatians

  I am not pro-slavery, but opine that the USA abolitionists were by and large, though educated for the most part, a naively ignorant irresponsible group of activists thinking simply freeing over 4 million negro slaves making up about 13% of USA population was the solution to their subjugation. What did they think would happen to such a huge mass of people suffering hope and change from slave culture to unfamiliar alien cultural realm they were practically unknowledgeable of? There wasn’t just massive lack of transitional programs, they also had to contend with the South and North white mind that had so bravely fought to free them but considered them a threat to white American; For one thing a threat to their jobs as free slaves desperately needed work and took employment at lower rate of pay, thereby displacing white workers. What a shock it must have been to be among those free to starve or submit to economic bondage!
  I’m not pro-colonialism. However, in my lifetime I observed powerful forces mold world opinion again colonialism, and win their case for African self-determination and home-rule. Without strong transitional program or guidance, when the colonial governors, civil servants, court systems, and maintainers of physical (water, transportation etc.) and business structure left, many areas quickly or gradually returned to uncooperative tribalism and did so too often with brutality.
  God’s Word speaks of men and women being in bondage to sin. Jesus provides freedom from, but not a foolishly releasing without needed aid; without which His John 1:12 family would be no better or possibly worse off.
  Pastor Paul and Pastor Josh have begun a sermon series on aid. It’s called discipleship. As an act of discipleship I’m taking notes and will on Mondays pass my understanding on to you.
  One final thought this morning: We as followers of Christ, His disciples, should never be irresponsible when it comes to assisting those set free to the wearing of His yoke.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment