Friday, January 24, 2014

SINGING SONG OF MATURATION


SINGING PSALM OF MATURATION
Friday, January 24, 2014

Psalm 40: [To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.] I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, …
Ephesians 5:8-10 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

  There are those that can tell of deliverance from alcohol, drugs, or other such. As with many of you, I cannot. We all however can testify of tales of redemption from self as God’s Spirit within brings forth fruit.
  Our family dentist of 3 decades is a lifelong avid waterfowl hunter. Knowing I would see him at scheduled 6 month cleaning this week I took my 80 dollar Duck Commander teal duck call to show him. After getting scraped and polished I sat with beautiful wood workmanship concealed in hand. He entered, checked x-rays and physically examined my teeth, then sat for our usual after session chat. I told him to hold out his hand and then placed the duck call in it.
  He immediately started gleefully calling ducks.
  After a time of honking he smiled broadly and thanked me for the gift.
  I sensed he needed this unexpected encouraging event, and though not originally intended to be a gift,  immediately decided to let it be a present, telling him “My privilege … you are appreciated.”
  Then, taking hygienist advice, I drove to the nearby Walmart to purchase an Oral-B electric toothbrush. While there I decided to buy a few bananas and salad vegetables.
  Sliding card, punching credit, the checkout screen read $6.75. I told the cashier the total was incorrect. She insisted it was. I politely disagreed. She insisted the total was correct. I again politely disagreed. She again insisted I was wrong.
  One of the two elderly women waiting behind me gently smiled and suggested the clerk look in the plastic bags. She did so, and made the correction. I re-swiped my card and paid the $60.22. Looking delightfully relieved, the clerk told us she hadn’t been feeling well lately. The three of us wished her improved health.
  Later at home I rejoiced thinking “It’s a mighty fine day when standing on solid ground above the rotten old swamp.”; for many years ago prior to 1Corintians 13:11 agreement I would have never recognized or considered people’s needs as I now sometimes do.
  How wonderful is the maturation of our Lord and King!  EBB4

 

No comments:

Post a Comment