Monday, January 6, 2014

PROVERBS 18:24


PROVERBS 18:24
Monday, January 6, 2014

Proverbs [NLT] 27:5-6, 17 An open rebuke is better than hidden love! Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy. … As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

  In His Word God tells us that a true friend can be more valuable than a biological brother or sister. I’m eldest of 3 brothers without natal sisters, and I testify to this fact of maturing influence.
  Darlene Neuvirth was just such a valuable spiritual sister. As a matriarch she, beginning at a young age, served our Lord as a sharpener, studying and refining honing knowledge and skills by which many benefited and shall continue to do so.   
  Typically being in regular communication, I wondered why no stropping for a few days. Then the news came that Darlene was taken to the hospital with pneumonia. Her condition soon worsened. Extremely uncomfortable, Darlene removed breathing apparatus and ordered cessation of heroic efforts. Word went out from family that medics said she likely wouldn’t last long.
  I sent word to let her know we still needed her. Darlene sent word to rest assured she is on her way to be with the Lord. I thought this message of Darlene’s blessed assurance would be her final whetting.
  Sunday morning I decided I was too emotional to attend Sunday School.
  After I finished toast with marmalade and cup of coffee I always place plate with cup and spoon far across table so I won’t repeat accident of years ago.
  As I was reading the newspaper I was startled by spoon rattling on the plate. I looked at clock and took note of the time. I later was informed the phenomena coincided with the time of Darlene’s departure.
  I thank God for His permitting a final resurrection message to us from our beloved teacher.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment