Wednesday, September 17, 2014

HEARING GOD: Part Two


HEARING GOD: Part Two

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

 

John MKJV 10:25-30 Jesus answered them [Jews challenging Jesus on Solomon’s Porch at The Feast of Dedication celebration], I told you and you did not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you did not believe because you are not of My sheep. As I said to you, My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand. My Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand. I and the Father are one!

 

  Hearing a Christian pastor, missionary, elder, deacon, teacher, or pewster say “God spoke to me …” leaves some feeling less spiritual; left out and defective.

  God uses various symbolic terms in discussing His church members: children, disciples, fishers, husbandmen, laborers, and sheep. Referring to Himself as Shepherd, Jesus said His sheep hear His voice; we hear what He has to say to us.

  When was the first or last time you audibly heard God’s voice? I never have.

  But doesn’t Jesus say we hear Him? He does . . . and we do hear Him.

  Today’s text is proof that hearing God does not require audio: Believing is hearing! Even physically deaf people can and do hear Him.

  On Solomon’s Porch that day long ago indeed He was aural. However, Jesus was also referring to His Word recorded prior, the Torah thru Malachi. And now we have the completed Word including Matthew thru Revelation.

  This Word we have on page, from pulpit, quoted and expounded by His bleating sheep and as

Jesus explained: He who has ears to hear, let him hear. And the disciples said to Him, Why do

You speak to them in parables? He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the

mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them. For whoever has, to him shall

be given, and he shall have more abundance. But whoever does not have, from him shall be taken away

even that which he has. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they see not, and hearing

they hear not; nor do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah which said, "By

hearing you shall hear and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see and shall not perceive; for this

people's heart has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and they have closed their eyes, lest at

any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and should understand with their heart,

and should be converted, and I should heal them." But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears,

for they hear.” (MKJV Mt.13:9-16)

  So, the question is not “Does God speak to us?” He does. Transmission is free and clear. Depending on individual and/or group, reception may not be. As with all else having to do with free will, the decision is ours.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment