Wednesday, September 10, 2014

LOSING FAITH


LOSING FAITH

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

 

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain [the integrity of] mine own ways   

       before him.

Luke 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the   

       least is unjust also in much.

Hebrews 11 … Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah; also David, and Samuel and the prophets, who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the strangers. Women received their dead raised to life again, and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings; yes, more, of bonds and imprisonments. They were stoned, they were sawed in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented. …

 

  Through my decades I’ve heard a number of people say they lost faith in God.

  My thoughts repeatedly come back to this losing faith issue . . . for I still hear it expressed.

  When I inquire “And your reason is?” I hear a litany of reasons that I consider surface rationale. Having given the issue much thought off and on for over 50 years, I arrived at conclusion of two serious underlying reasons.

  1. God is not as they think He is or should be.
  2. Their life events are not how they expect them to be with God.
      What do you think?  EBB4
     

No comments:

Post a Comment