Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A MATTER OF BALANCE

OFFENDED?
Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Psalms 119:165  Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
James 2:10; 3:2  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. … For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

  Understanding original Hebrew and/or Greek meaning of words goes beyond knowledge in education. It can open eyes and heart to edification unto maturation. It has for me, and is the reason I emphasize the 2Timothy 2:15 diligence.
  This morning I’ve selected the above KJV verses to illustrate.
  For me, offense largely was emotional; feelings of rejection, wounding, resentment, et al . . . for this was my familial and formal (English) education and human examples observed . . . and which of course wanting to act grownup I emulated.
  Encouraged by my mentoring older brother in Christ, Bud Bond, to always do 2Timothy 2:15 exercise, including making good use of Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance with Hebrew and Greek word meanings – I did and do so with result of life changing enlightenment.
  Discovering that offense is Biblically something that we stumble over, a hindrance to maturation interfering with our relationship with God and people altered my thinking and vision; another Romans 12:1-3 revision moving away from ego-centered all-about-me to reasonableness pleasing to the Lord.
  And then there’s the circulating benefit of “There is lasting peace for those who love your (Jehovah’s) teachings. Nothing can make those people stumble.” (GW Ps.119:165)
EBB4


PS. Is there a humorous aspect to improving spiritual balance while physical symmetry goes south? I think so. Is there a great lesson in the experience? If listening, absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment