Tuesday, June 9, 2015

STILL TRAVELING

STILL TRAVELING
Tuesday, June 09, 2015

[God Incarnate speaking]  “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  … Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. … My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Matthew 6:34; John 14:27; 2Corinthians 12:9 

  After a few days ago episodes followed by hospitalization including 12 doctors examining with questions and tests I’ve moved on with a few pharmaceutical changes and wise advice to no longer drive long trips to the Atlantic coast. In willing compliance I’m now a flier.
  And since I’m now progressing into a physically altered life station, at follow up visit yesterday my personal care physician additionally informed me that his responsible goals for me have changed:
·         No longer longevity, but maximum life so long as I live.
·         Mental and emotional well-being.
  This is not to say demise is imminent, though it shall visit unavoidably sooner or later. (Heb.9:27) It is sensible practicality of my doctor’s candid wisdom. And I’m pleased he expressed conclusions I Biblically arrived at many years ago. (And dear Ann lived and died by all her life.)
  While planting portion of garden yesterday with dear younger friends helping, we enjoyed chatting about this and that as I silently pondered review of this godly perspective spelled out in God’s Word.
  A final thought: How may we properly age gracefully? Only in and by God’s grace.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment