Monday, June 1, 2015

ROMANS REVERSAL

ROMANS REVERSAL
Monday, June 01, 2015

Romans [GW] 12:1-3 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect. Because of the kindness that God has shown me, I ask you not to think of yourselves more highly than you should. Instead, your thoughts should lead you to use good judgment based on what God has given each of you as believers.

  On Saturday, June 30, I offered an interesting video (http://viewpure.com/MFzDaBzBlL0?ref=bkmk ) showing a reversed steering bicycle for your review and input on answering the question “How does the following contained info relate to Biblical education/edification?” Several responded:
·         Wayne - “????”
·         Srf - “Once we've learned Biblical principles they are with us until we focus on learning something that contradicts them.  Since we as believers live in a sinful world and are constantly bombarded by things that are an abomination to God, we must focus on God's Word and apply it to our daily lives.”
·         Al - “Good question…maybe I sent the wrong thing…I have been known to make a mistake…I think … I thought of you last night the day we were giving blood!”
·         Tom - “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he'll have to re-learn how to ride a backwards bike.”
·         Jacque - “Knowledge does not equal understanding!!  This statement is very true!
This really hit home with me. Trying to re-train my brain, oh my goodness! My stubborn brain and negative thoughts. Truth is Truth....His Word is Truth!!  No arguments! 
·         Jim - “It's the devil's bicycle.  What's right is now left and what's left is now right. He, the devil, got the idea from how he runs/influences the world ... What was right is now wrong  and what was wrong is now right!   As the guy with the devil's bike ... People in the world learn to go with the flow.    "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."  Proverbs 14: 12  KJV    If you don't like "falling off your bike," you better start paying attention and obeying God's Word.  Just my thoughts.”
·         Ed - Undoing old ways takes practice. As in the video, change takes lots of practice when older, and as it shows, is easily reverted. To illustrate: I was a passive aggressive impatient person for many years. At age 27, trusting God’s Word, reeducation began. 1Corinthians13:1-13 revealed to me that my impatient attitude was not caused by circumstance or excusable thereby. It is about my pride! Only by years of exercise, remembering and practicing godly thinking and reverse steering as the Apostle Paul urges and explains, did edification (rebuilding) followed by being “able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.” result.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment