Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DOWN IS UP

DOWN IS UP
Tuesday, August 11, 2015

“Without pride you’re nothing.” A familial saying.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  Studying Scripture, especially Job and James, we see that God’s ways are not man’s ways.
  Surrender and win? Give up personal importance and become truly important? Carry the cross of self-denial and be denied nothing that really matters? Lose self and live triumphant? Bow and be exalted?
  In and by His Word, God’s answer to these questions goes against every thread of the twill woven into me by a host of this world’s skilled weavers. My flesh is the trusted sturdy fabric worn these many years! It is me! Who and what shall I be without it? To give it up . . . won’t I be naked?
  Yes, it is so, with old garment aside, I am exposed and humbled; emperor unclothed.
  With God the only way up is down. Jesus demonstrated this in every event.

  My Master is preeminently superior to me and all others. Only when I relent and submit my will to His may I gain the mind of Christ; with freedom from obstructive sin that so easily besets me and live in victory over mortality.  EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment