Monday, August 3, 2015

OVERLY CONCERNED ABOUT SHADE TODAY?

OVERLY CONCERNED ABOUT SHADE TODAY?
Monday, August 03, 2015

John [MKJV] 3:14-21  But even as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who practices truth comes to the Light so that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.
1Corinthians [ESV]  … Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; … When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. [Encourage reading entire chapter.]

  “Met a man at church this morning.  He had been incarcerated and was in the LLD in 1991.  He remembered me and you and said we were his favorite speakers.  I of course didn't recognize him.  He said he was back in jail 5 weeks ago.  He quit his gang on Monday and they are trying to find him to kill him.  He said his name was David.
  “He is leaving for a safe house in Grand Island tomorrow.  I prayed with him for his safety and a new life in Christ.
Blessings on you my friend
Jim (Sunday, August 02, 2015 11:29am )”

  There’s a long list of wisdom from elders that I didn’t accept, plant, or cultivate in my sapling days. Tree planting was a list topper.
  At the urging of coworker Bud Bond, at age 27 I trusted Christ at 12:30am while driving home from work. Immediately I saw and cared about the multitude “already condemned” and began telling family and friends about my personal deliverance and that “I am now living eternally.”
  First up was my best closest male friend the next morning. He became very angry and ended our friendship on the spot.
  When I gently, without condemnation, told family about the necessity of John 1:12 family empowerment as opposed to their holding agnostic and/or deistic beliefs, they installed emotional and intellectual distance between them and Ann and me. No longer were we invited to family gatherings as we once commonly were. 
  As with many crumbly results of honesty in relationships we didn’t like it but completely accepted and adjusted to.
  An important area that did take time was something these same near and dear agnostics and deists
 told me about  patience: Mature men plant saplings knowing they’ll probably never be the ones to sit in their shade or taste the fruit.
  Got shovel! Will dig?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment