Sunday, October 11, 2015

BLESSED ASSURANCE

BLESSED ASSURANCE HERE AND NOW
Sunday, October 11, 2015

“I consider our present sufferings insignificant compared to the glory that will soon be revealed to us.” The Apostle Paul in writing to Roman Christians suffering for their faith in Lord Jesus Christ. Romans [GW] 8:18 

1.            Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
                O what a foretaste of glory divine!
                Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
                born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.
Refrain:
                This is my story, this is my song,
                praising my Savior all the day long;
                this is my story, this is my song,
                praising my Savior all the day long.

2.            Perfect submission, perfect delight,
                visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
                angels descending bring from above
                echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
                (Refrain)

3.            Perfect submission, all is at rest;
                I in my Savior am happy and blest,
                watching and waiting, looking above,
                filled with his goodness, lost in his love.
                (Refrain)

Then many years later two believing women express their trust in Him.
BLESSED ASSURANCE; The United Methodist Hymnal Number 369
Text: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915; Music: Phoebe P. Knapp, 1839-1908


And us?  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment