Monday, October 19, 2015

JUST SUPPOSING

JUST SUPPOSING
Monday, October 19, 2015

  Medical scanners are amazing.
  Using results from technical scans neurologists (yes, plural) tell me I’ve had 7 strokes since August 2014, and having done all they can with meds and lifestyle changes to prevent future episodes I will nonetheless continue having them. (What they didn’t factor in is “Depending on what God decides.”)
  Four events I definitely recognized. Three I must have slept thru.
  One of the lifestyle changes is having a one button emergency alert device within reach at all time. It is in pocket, around neck on lanyard, or in head of bed. Being hardheaded I’ve used it once. My demolished kitchen door is evidence that it works.
  The device does much more than invite into my home the wonderful men and women in blue uniform.
  When activated the operator inquires as to need and continues talking until rescue is accomplished..           
  It alerts family list when I push button.
  It facilitates ask-a-nurse.
  It facilities foot or wheel directions if lost.
  It knows where I am at any given moment.
  Via their smartphones it keeps my daughters informed as to whether I’m home or “Out and about”. And when they touch phone screen it gives my present location address and phone number. Additionally it provides them with a weekly summary of time home or out and about.
  Suppose God had such wondrous capability . . . and the difference our constant awareness thereof would make?

EBB4 

No comments:

Post a Comment