Sunday, October 25, 2015

DEBATABLE MATTERS

DEBATABLE MATTERS
Sunday, October 25, 2015

Psalm 103:1-3 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psalm 119:10-13  With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
Romans [GW] 12:2  Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.

Dear fellows,
  I’ve opted to take a few days off, but not without leaving you with something to think upon.
  Every day we are faced with having to make decisions small, middlin’, and large. Romans 14:5 tells us that we individually are to decide matters “fully convinced in our own mind”. How do we do this? We decide matters in one of two ways, ether carnally or godly.
  Carnal decision making is based in emotions, familial and cultural and religious and political  and media shaping, physical senses including whether you had morning coffee or not, male or female hormones individual – in synch or competing, and other inconsistent sliding factors.
  As followers of Christ godly decision making involves primary question “What does the Word say that is applicable to arriving at conviction that is pleasing to Him above all others?” . . . followed by vigorous application of the answer(s).
  Here is exercise:

·         What have you decided about Kim Davis and her stance?

  Upon my return I will compile your answers with your proofs and publish them as a DT.
I’ll be back,

EBB4  

No comments:

Post a Comment