Monday, November 2, 2015

HOWDY DUE?

HOWDY DUE?
Monday, November 02, 2015

Matthew 10:29-32

  I’m back. We had a wonderful time with beloved friends in Darlington, Maryland, plus an overnight visit in Philadelphia PA. The Delta flights to and from the Midwest were uneventful. Zero hospital time this trip! And I think I’ve adjusted well to not being leader of the trek.
  Every day we enjoyed the vast forests brushed with beautiful Autumn colors. However, yearning didn’t figure out how to bring home the Eastern palette to replace Nebraska’s insipid foliage.
  Saturday was an enjoyable day at the DVFD Car Show & BBQ, though I still can’t figure out why people refer to them as vintage transportation? Other than the cool hotrods there, just yesterday I either drove or rode in many of those massive vehicles. The best of the fun was making new acquaintances. There was Mike & Lindsay, John, a retired Colt running back showing his Avanti, “Call me Uncle Jim, everyone else does.”, and many more. Quite a few of them are huggers. And there was a bit of name taking.
  Margaret is a tiny slender woman. She standing on sidewalk, me on street, I was still much taller than her. Though the weather was clear and mild with a warming sun, she has coated and wore a heavy green wool knit hat over her ears and down to her eyebrows. Margaret told of her long career as a 9th grade teacher. (Presently homeschooling young relatives.) As does the evolution of conversation the circle of chatting elders arrived on common ground: We all have lifelong problem remembering names.
  To personally illustrate Margaret shared an incident from a few years ago.
  A middle aged woman walked up to Margaret in a public place and started talking about school days as her student. Try as she did, Margaret could not recall the younger woman’s name, and finally said “I don’t remember your name.”
  “Oh yes you do.” firmly stated the woman.
  “No, really I don’t.” repeated Margaret.
  This debate continued for a few more moments until Margaret said “Please do tell me your name as I definitely don’t remember.”
  The woman smiled and responded, explaining “My name was the same as all the other students you taught, ‘Hello dear.’”
  Fear not. This is not even a remote possibility for those of us sitting at the feet of the Master Teacher. Our Omniscient Lord, Jehovah God Almighty, knows us well.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment