Wednesday, November 11, 2015

ODD TO ODD

ODD TO ODD
Wednesday, November 11, 2015

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
1Corinthians chapters 12 & 13
Hebrews [MKJV] 6:17-20; 13:7-8  [Abraham] In this way desiring to declare more fully to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, God interposed by an oath, so that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us, which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters into that within the veil, where the Forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. … Remember those leading you, who have spoken to you the Word of God, whose faith follow, considering the end of their conduct: Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever.

  Don’t exactly know when I adopted the habit, but I read that which I don’t understand at the time. I began doing so following the example of another blue-collar that explained that dots often later connect providing knowledge. Reading 1Corinthians chapter 12 & 13 has been like this.
  In the past week I read a 25 page white paper written by a young friend working toward her Master’s degree. The topic is ODD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder. The personally interesting part was paragraph 3. It describing the three ODD groups; angry/irritable, argumentive/defiant, and vindictive. As I reread several times I was struck with realization that it described 3 in 1 my period of passive aggressive youth.
  As often happens I also was confronted with a new word requiring dictionary search: dizygotic meaning “non-identical / dissimilar”. So far I haven’t been able to dazzle or aggravate anyone with conversation containing the anomalous word.
  What the word has done is sent me to meditating on chapters 12 & 13 in 1Corinthians and notating personal progression of knowledge derived from.
·         Original reading focused on gifts and wanting to know mine.
·         Later readings concluding we are to get along together.
·         Finally, I, we, cannot please our Master without responsibly submissively loving one another.
  Fact is we are a dizygotic bunch of fellows with an extremely non-dizygotic Word to live by.
  Let us continue to move from this world’s ODD behavior to our citizenship in His comparatively odd kingdom.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment