Tuesday, November 3, 2015

FOCUSING ON PEBBLES

FOCUSING ON PEBBLES
Tuesday, November 03, 2015

  Revelation 2:17 speaks of a bright pebble. There are those that have invested an inordinate amount of time debating what it means.
  As we read, study, and ponder Logos, God’s Word, we are faced with the same option of focusing on arguing over pebbles or resting upon the “stone the builders rejected”. (Lk.20:17-18; 1Cor.3; Eph.2:20)
  Jesus gave dire warning to religious people burrowing gravel while overlooking the obvious, Him: “The Father is the source of life, and he has enabled the Son to be the source of life too."He has also given the Son authority to pass judgment because he is the Son of Man.
  Don't be surprised at what I've just said. A time is coming when all the dead will hear his voice, and they will come out of their tombs. Those who have done good will come back to life and live. But those who have done evil will come back to life and will be judged.
  I can't do anything on my own. As I listen to the Father, I make my judgments. My judgments are right because I don't try to do what I want but what the one who sent me wants. "If I testify on my own behalf, what I say isn't true. Someone else testifies on my behalf, and I know that what he says about me is true. You sent people to John the Baptizer, and he testified to the truth. But I don't depend on human testimony. I'm telling you this to save you.
  John was a lamp that gave off brilliant light. For a time you enjoyed the pleasure of his light. But I have something that testifies more favorably on my behalf than John's testimony. The tasks that the Father gave me to carry out, these tasks which I perform, testify on my behalf. They prove that the Father has sent me. The Father who sent me testifies on my behalf. You have never heard his voice, and you have never seen his form. So you don't have the Father's message within you, because you don't believe in the person he has sent.
  You study the Scriptures in detail because you think you have the source of eternal life in them. These Scriptures testify on my behalf. Yet, you don't want to come to me to get eternal life.
  "I don't accept praise from humans. But I know what kind of people you are. You don't have any love for God. I have come with the authority my Father has given me, but you don't accept me. If someone else comes with his own authority, you will accept him.” (GW John, chapter 5)
  Beware pebbling.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment